08 April 2007

A lot of new work...




The top two are doodles/sketches from my sketchbook, but I really liked how they happened to turn out. Its funny how much time I sometimes end up spending on what start out as simple doodles. Or how one quick sketch can inspire a plethora of other drawings and projects. The other is a more finished drawing that I did continuing with the theme of map like drawings that I am currently obsessed with. Someone asked me why I draw these map like images and its funny because despite the fact that I have thought a lot about it, I am honestly not entirely sure. They definitely serve many purposes and fit in with my other interests, but I just sort of draw them. Instinctively, habitually... I find drawing them to be relaxing and almost meditative.

No comments: